In the post-pandemic era, attracting and retaining top talent has become a significant challenge, giving rise to what is now termed the ‘Great Resignation.’ Amidst this landscape, Microsoft’s Annual Work Trend Index on India reveals crucial insights about workspace environment trends: a staggering 74% of India’s workforce expresses a keen interest in remote work options.
The data unequivocally points to the fact that extreme flexibility and hybrid work are set to define the post-pandemic workplace.
Navigating the Workforce Landscape: Insights from Microsoft’s Work Trend Index
- Ideal Workplace Design: In this era of change, creating an ideal workplace design is pivotal. The 2022 Work Trend Index Pulse Report for India highlights the growing concern among leaders (93%) about bringing employees back to in-person office settings.
It emphasizes the need for a new approach recognizing that work is no longer just a place, but an experience that engages and connects employees, irrespective of their physical location.
- The Social Aspect: The report underscores the deep human need for connection, with 91% of employees motivated by the promise of socializing with co-workers and 92% by the prospect of rebuilding team bonds.
The social aspect of the workplace is identified as a key factor in fostering relationships crucial for optimal productivity.
- Productivity Challenges: Despite 93% of employees reporting productivity, there exists a disconnect, as 91% of leaders express concerns about employee productivity in the hybrid work model.
This hyper-focus on productivity is impacting health and wellbeing, with 47% of employees and 58% of leaders reporting burnout.
- Retention Challenges: The report sheds light on the retention challenges faced by companies, as 60% of employees feel there are not enough growth opportunities in their current companies.
A powerful revelation is that 90% of employees in India would stay longer if provided with more learning and development opportunities.
Crafting the Ideal Workplace Design: Strategies for Success
As the war for talent intensifies, standing out and offering real reasons for employees to choose your organization becomes imperative. Corporate culture, once about dictating terms, is now about building mutually beneficial relationships fostering growth and productivity.
Here are some of the workspace environment trends that you should be following to build a productive and efficient office:
1. First Impression Helps You in Attracting Talent.
Your workplace serves as a canvas that amplifies your brand personality. From signage to bespoke furniture, you should create an environment that speaks volumes about your company.
The companies should focus on maximizing the impact of signage, display walls, reception areas, and shared spaces in telling their stories in a compelling manner. Making a bold impact goes a long way in attracting and retaining top talent these days.
If you are opting for a shared office, do ask about how open they are to customization. Many modern coworking spaces allow you to customize the area you lease if you opt for private managed offices for a certain period of time.
2. Activity-Based Working is Trending
Understand what drives the next generation of talent. Activity-based working recognizes the diverse tasks employees perform daily and creates spaces that facilitate collaboration, brainstorming, and more.
No wonder, modern coworking spaces designate separate areas for interactive board rooms for brainstorming to Zoom rooms – promoting healthy communication patterns expected by the next generation of talent.
3. Converting Offices Into Wellness-Oriented Social Hubs
An ideal workplace design in today’s times is one that boosts engagement among employees. Workspace environment trends dictate that the social aspect is crucial; spontaneous collaboration often shapes the creative direction of a company.
This is high time we recognize the value of ‘water cooler’ moments. With 45% of workers forming most of their new friendships in the workplace, the social aspect becomes a key pull factor these days.
4. Biophilic Office Designs for Stress-Free, Productive Work Environment
Biophilic office designs have been a top trend since 2021. Studies prove that green offices with vibrant plant energy are at least 15% more productive.
Simple elements like light, vibrant artwork, bright colors, and employee amenities contribute to attracting prospective talent.
Serenia by IHDP: Where Innovation Meets Comfort
The principles discussed form the basis of modern coworking spaces at Serenia by IHDP. Our spaces are crafted to not just meet but exceed the expectations of the modern workforce. Our ideal workplace design follows all the workspace environment trends to promote innovation, comfort, and collaboration for all those who work here. Contact us now to know more!