For introverts, working as a ‘lone wolf’ may seem like a dream. They love to work solo. Remote workers, freelancers, independent consultants, and work-from-home (WFH) professionals may all fall into the category of lone wolves in the corporate sector. Many of them are highly skilled people who need to be highly productive, innovative, and creative at their work.
Working alone, outside the traditional team environment, is not always a path of roses – as many people have realized during the pandemic lockdown. In fact, it brings a unique set of challenges. Lack of face-to-face interaction can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness which can negatively impact one’s morale, motivation, and even mental well-being.
Co-working spaces can be a boon in such cases. Here are some of the benefits of co-working office spaces that people don’t usually think much about but can make lives much easier for lone wolves:
1. Structure and routine: Remote work challenges are different from the challenges of being in a traditional work environment. Being cooped up in a home alone can often lead to a lack of cleanliness, hygiene and organisation. And ‘Time Management’. People fall asleep during the daytime and keep working late at night – even when they are working on projects that do not ask for interactions across time zones.
The structure and routine go for a toss. Having a dedicated hotdesk amidst a professional working environment where you maintain a regular schedule and set hours prevents burnout because of getting too bogged down with work.
2. Community and connection: Lone wolves might hate interactions and constant interference but even they love the sense of community that coworking spaces provide. Being around other people helps you feel less lonely and isolated.
It is like working in a cafe, where you feel stimulated and inspired by all the sounds and aesthetics around you. The low levels of ambient noise of people talking can make you work harder without distracting you.
It’s only that a coworking space is better because it has a more professional and productive work environment. And it provides some excellent opportunities for collaboration and networking.
3. Reduced distractions: Coworking spaces are designed to keep you away from the distractions of a cluttered workspace (with loud noises and constant interrupts of your boss and colleagues) or a family environment (where kids, siblings, parents, or your partner joust for your attention).
Thus, they can help lone wolves to focus on their work and get more done. They are also excellent for creative people or those working on complex problems that require innovative solutions who require to be fully focussed on their work but need breaks where they can chill and relax.
Imagine the environment of the lovely Google or Facebook office you see in ads. Coworking spaces at Serenia can offer you that environment right in IHDP Business Park, Sector 127, Noida!
4. Access to resources: A well-managed coworking office space provides you access to a variety of resources, such as high-speed internet, printing services, meeting rooms, cafeterias, and much more. It’s a lot more expensive to arrange and manage such facilities at home or at standalone offices.
Shared facilities make them more affordable and within your reach. Plus, you don’t have to be responsible for maintaining them!
5. Increased motivation: One of the remote working challenges is to keep yourself motivated. Being surrounded by other people who are working hard can be motivating for anyone trying to be super-productive.
At a coworking space, the working environment, socialization opportunities, inspiring office layout, and efficient communication system serve to keep people motivated. Studies show that high motivation in coworking spaces affects productivity positively – a goal for all lone wolves.
6. Reduce stress and anxiety: The pandemic told the world how damaging isolation and seclusion can be damaging to one’s mental health. Coworking reduces loneliness, fosters a supportive community, and helps one maintain a work-life balance.
Studies show that 74% report higher job satisfaction in coworking setups as they help professionals meet like-minded people, relieve financial stress, find purpose, and offer access to gyms, meditation spots, and healthy snacks. Overall, joining a coworking space is a good solution for reducing stress and anxiety and maintaining one’s mental well-being.
7. Enhanced creativity: Coworking spaces are great for brainstorming new ideas. On the one hand, you meet new people there allowing you to get fresh ideas, share knowledge, and collaborate with the right kind of people. And on the other hand, they have open layouts and incorporate natural elements into their designs. This helps people working there feel more relaxed and at ease.
Have you ever realized that switching places can sometimes refresh your mind and allow you to think from new perspectives and enjoy bursts of creativity? If you haven’t, you should probably spend some time in the co-working spaces of Serenia. Overall, coworking spaces can provide a number of benefits for lone wolves. They can help to improve productivity, reduce isolation, and provide access to resources and opportunities. If you are a lone wolf who is looking for a more supportive and productive work environment, I encourage you to consider checking out a coworking space in your area.